Custom Mobile Carts, Dollies, & WIP Racks
Modular Container Systems has been contracted by various automotive, warehousing, and logistics customers to develop comprehensive solutions for in-process material handling. Applying prior experience along with the features necessary for industrial material handling, we developed a series of custom carrying systems, including dollies, carts, and WIP racks. By making operation easier, safer, and more secure, these systems provide higher levels of efficiency and mobility to material handling processes.
Our dollies, carts, and WIP racks are custom designed for specific customer and material needs, possessing a wire frame construction. We use ASTM A82 or A510 compliant 304 stainless wire along with structural steel plates and fittings per ASTM A36. Wire fabrication, bending, welding, electroplating, powder coating, and other procedures are used in manufacture, which is completely held to ISO 9001:2008 standards. Dimensional tolerances may be as tight as ±1/16″.
A wide variety of features may also be added, including custom painting and stenciling, special purpose casters and floor locks, upgraded capacity and adjustable height. Production timelines differ based on user requirements and features, but generally take 4-6 weeks to prototype and up to 8 weeks for final production approval.
To learn more about our custom mobile dollies, carts, and WIP Racks related work, see the table below and contact Modular Container Systems today.
Custom Mobile Dollies, Carts and WIP Racks Project Details
- Product Description
Custom carts, dollies and WIP racks utilized for increased efficiency in manufacturing and warehousing facilities. Solutions commonly allows for better in-process product flow, ease of mobility and accessibility. The safe and secure storage of in process or finished product without requiring the use of fork lifts or powered equipment reduces loss time. Custom dollies or carts can also simply lift product or pallets up to more appropriate heights for operators which increase efficiency and can reduce physical strain. Operators can both push heavy skids around by hand without the use of powered equipment and have contents accessible to them at comfortable and ergonomic heights.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Wire straightening and cutting
- Wire forming and bending
- Wire mesh fabrication per ASTM A185
- Hydraulic press bending and stamping
- Steel shearing and punching
- MIG or Arc welding per AWS D1.1 standards
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified Quality Management Systems
- Rack washing, painting & stenciling
- Rack finishing to include foam, urethane, bag and caster install
- Powder Coating
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Our carts, dollies and WIP racks are custom and to customer specifications
- Tightest Tolerances
Up to 1/16″
- Material Used
- Wire per ASTM A82 or ASTM A510
- Type 304 stainless steel wire
- Structural steel plates, angles, flats & channels per ASTM A36
- Hot rolled sheet per ASTM A1011
- Steel structural tubing per ASTM A500
- Filler metal per AWS A5.18/A5.18M
- Various caster types and floor locks
- Material Finish
- Hot dip galvanize per ASTM A123
- Zinc electroplating per ASTM B633
- Quick dry enamel paint
- Powder coating
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
QMS System Certified to ISO 9001:2008
- Featured Industries
- WIP racks
- Mobile dollies
- Work center carts
- Storage carts
- Display carts
- Custom dollies
- WIP bag racks
- Custom carts
- Bag racks
- Ergonomic carts or stands
- Transport carts
- Towable dollies or carts
- Custom WIP racks
- WIP cantilever arm rack
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4 to 6 weeks ARO for 1st articles, samples and prototypes.
- 8 to 10 weeks ARO and receipt of 1st article approval for production.
- Timeline may vary depending upon product, technical requirement and quantity.
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
AWSD1.1 welder certified